Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources rose $1.65 (1.0%) to $167.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,871,387 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,709,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $165.50-$169.11 after having opened the day at $165.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $165.48. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Genie Energy Ltd Class B ( GNE), up 6.9%, Emerald Oil ( EOX), up 5.6%, Halcon Resources ( HK), up 5.2% and Athlon Energy ( ATHL), up 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.