Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hess ( HES) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Hess rose $1.06 (1.3%) to $82.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,303,914 shares of Hess exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,666,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $80.98-$82.65 after having opened the day at $80.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.15. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Tonix Pharmaceuticals ( TNXP), up 30.1%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 14.2%, Oxford Resource Partners ( OXF), up 11.5% and CF Industries Holdings ( CF), up 10.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hess Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.