Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. U.S. Bancorp ( USB) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, U.S. Bancorp rose $0.48 (1.2%) to $39.00 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 14,259,625 shares of U.S. Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,572,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.66-$39.22 after having opened the day at $38.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.52. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: VelocityShares 3x Long Silver ETN linked to ( USLV), up 9.6%, OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), up 5.9%, HDFC Bank ( HDB), up 5.6% and ICICI Bank ( IBN), up 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full U.S. Bancorp Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.