Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Digital Realty ( DLR) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Digital Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DLR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $73.7 million.
- DLR is up 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DLR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DLR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DLR: Digital Realty Trust, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), through its controlling interest in Digital Realty Trust, L.P., engages in the ownership, acquisition, development, redevelopment, and management of technology-related real estate. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.8%. DLR has a PE ratio of 21.4. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Digital Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Digital Realty has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Digital has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.51 and a short float of 25.1% with 18.70 days to cover. Shares are down 34.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Digital Realty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DLR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- DIGITAL REALTY TRUST INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, DIGITAL REALTY TRUST INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.47 versus $1.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.98 versus $1.47).
- DLR's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 26.51%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The gross profit margin for DIGITAL REALTY TRUST INC is rather low; currently it is at 22.86%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 39.47% has significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Digital Realty Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.