- CPT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.0 million.
- CPT has traded 104,754 shares today.
- CPT traded in a range 216.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.31.
- CPT traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 19 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 19 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CPT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CPT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CPT: Camden Property Trust is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It is engaged in the ownership, development, acquisition, management, and disposition of multifamily residential apartment communities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.3%. CPT has a PE ratio of 29.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Camden Property a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Camden Property has been 588,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Camden Property has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.84 and a short float of 2.5% with 3.48 days to cover. Shares are down 14.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Camden Property as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CPT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CAMDEN PROPERTY TRUST has improved earnings per share by 25.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CAMDEN PROPERTY TRUST increased its bottom line by earning $1.82 versus $0.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.76 versus $1.82).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 130.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $30.70 million to $70.72 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $128.58 million or 17.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CAMDEN PROPERTY TRUST has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.44%.
- You can view the full Camden Property Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.