Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. State Street ( STT) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, State Street fell $1.39 (-1.9%) to $71.50 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,614,262 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,413,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $71.22-$72.72 after having opened the day at $72.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.89. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Medallion Financial ( TAXI), down 8.8%, China Ceramics ( CCCL), down 7.0%, Regional Management ( RM), down 6.6% and Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 3X Shares ( NUGT), down 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.