Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, MetLife fell $0.87 (-1.7%) to $51.34 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,187,977 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,173,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.06-$52.10 after having opened the day at $52.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.21. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), down 11.6%, Medallion Financial ( TAXI), down 8.8%, China HGS Real Estate ( HGSH), down 8.2% and HCI Group ( HCI), down 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.