Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Goodyear Tire & Rubber ( GT) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Goodyear Tire & Rubber fell $0.66 (-3.0%) to $21.43 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,160,811 shares of Goodyear Tire & Rubber exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,275,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.27-$22.09 after having opened the day at $22.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.09. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Synutra International ( SYUT), down 10.8%, Tandy Brands Accessories ( TBAC), down 7.4%, Verso Paper ( VRS), down 4.7% and Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), down 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Goodyear Tire & Rubber Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.