Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Wells Fargo ( WFC) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Wells Fargo fell $0.45 (-1.0%) to $43.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 20,893,238 shares of Wells Fargo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,591,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.57-$44.28 after having opened the day at $44.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.18. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), down 11.6%, Credit Suisse ( DWTI), down 7.3%, Bbva Banco FrancesS.A ( BFR), down 6.1% and Macro Bank ( BMA), down 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.