Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ford Motor ( F) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Ford Motor fell $0.50 (-2.9%) to $16.56 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 74,319,253 shares of Ford Motor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 36,582,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.42-$17.20 after having opened the day at $17.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.06. Other companies within the Automotive industry that declined today were: China Automotive Systems ( CAAS), down 4.0%, Fox Factory ( FOXF), down 3.1%, Gentherm ( THRM), down 3.0% and Federal Signal ( FSS), down 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ford Motor Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.