Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Exelon rose $0.51 (1.9%) to $27.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,197,468 shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,289,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.74-$27.42 after having opened the day at $26.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.90. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), up 8.2%, ONEOK ( OKE), up 3.9%, AES ( AES), up 2.8% and SJW Corporation ( SJW), up 2.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.