Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cree ( CREE) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Cree rose $0.81 (1.4%) to $58.17 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,301,445 shares of Cree exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,533,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.00-$58.48 after having opened the day at $57.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.36. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: ARC Group Worldwide ( ARCW), up 27.5%, Intelligent Systems ( INS), up 17.0%, Luna Innovations ( LUNA), up 15.4% and Zoom Technologies ( ZOOM), up 11.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cree Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.