Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Lorillard ( LO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Lorillard rose $0.51 (1.0%) to $51.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,290,370 shares of Lorillard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,860,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.61-$51.31 after having opened the day at $50.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.69. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Tesla Motors ( TSLA), up 16.5%, S&W Seed Company ( SANW), up 11.4%, Herbalife ( HLF), up 6.7% and Nu Skin ( NUS), up 5.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Lorillard Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.