Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. National Oilwell Varco ( NOV) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, National Oilwell Varco rose $0.93 (1.1%) to $82.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,804,457 shares of National Oilwell Varco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,761,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $81.00-$82.66 after having opened the day at $81.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.69. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: REX American Resources ( REX), up 22.3%, Quaterra Resources ( QMM), up 14.0%, Clayton Williams Energy ( CWEI), up 9.3% and Mountain Province Diamonds ( MDM), up 8.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full National Oilwell Varco Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.