In addition to providing flight, weather and destination information via the microFIDS Signage, Hertz's San Diego location has been re-designed to streamline the rental experience. The facility makeover takes into consideration the common road trip staples, tools and services typically desired by travelers, and offer the following to help enhance the travel experience:
- Bus Tracking: Working with its leasing company, Donlen, Hertz is piloting new telematics for its busses. With smarter tracking, customers have access to an app that enables them to see how many minutes until a Hertz bus will be at the terminal. The system helps bus drivers identify where customers need to be picked up creating a more efficient bussing system and decreasing the amount of fuel used.
- On-Site Retail: Forgot something? The "Road Trip by Hertz" retail station offers customers food and drinks and essential travel supplies—everything from maps and sunscreen to charging cords and beach bags. Luggage, clothing and accessories are also available to make the experience a one-stop-shop for both families and the business traveler.
- On-Site Technology Tools: After a long flight, customers can take a break and recharge their electronic equipment. Additionally, they can interact with an iPad station to access the latest travel apps, entertain kids with games, and book a Hertz reservation, among other things.
- On-Site Business Tools: Customers can print on-site and access FedEx directly inside the store to send important documents and packages.
- Dramatic Vehicle Displays: New vehicle displays showcase Hertz's unique and exciting rental cars – such as the Hertz Penske GT in the U.S. – that have been added to raise visibility of the company's expanding fleet options among customers, a further connect with car lovers.
- Sustainability Leadership: The facility transformations also adhere to the company's commitment to global sustainability best practices.