- Take batteries out of items before shipping.
- Use a sturdy new box to provide additional protection for your items. Do not use old boxes or gift boxes to ship gifts, or any string or wrapping paper on the outside of the package.
- Use at least two inches of packaging peanuts on each side of your item.
- Make sure the sender’s and recipient’s addresses are visible both inside and outside of the package.
- Use packing tape on all package seams – do not use masking, cellophane or duct tape.
With six fewer shopping days this holiday season, shoppers have even less time this year to make it through their holiday to-do lists. For those who need to ship their gifts to friends and family, that timeframe is even shorter. Thankfully, The UPS Store can help. With a network of packing and shipping experts at 4,300 locally owned and operated centers, The UPS Store can help pack and ship all types of holiday gifts – from fragile glass ornaments to surfboards and golf clubs. Additionally, the center offers peace of mind with the Pack and Ship Guarantee®.* For those who wish to pack their gifts themselves, The UPS Store offers the following tips to help send them on their way safely: