- CNI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $48.1 million.
- CNI has traded 777,991 shares today.
- CNI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CNI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CNI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CNI: Canadian National Railway Company, together with its subsidiaries, engages in rail and related transportation business in North America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. CNI has a PE ratio of 19.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Canadian National Railway a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for Canadian National Railway has been 443,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian National Railway has a market cap of $46.8 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are up 23.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Canadian National Railway as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CNI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 26.59% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CNI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY CO has improved earnings per share by 9.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY CO increased its bottom line by earning $6.12 versus $5.41 in the prior year.
- 49.11% is the gross profit margin for CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 26.13% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,066.00 million or 6.60% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY CO has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.90%.
- You can view the full Canadian National Railway Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.