Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Praxair ( PX) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Praxair fell $1.48 (-1.2%) to $124.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,131,341 shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 901,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $124.65-$127.38 after having opened the day at $126.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $126.26. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), down 16.5%, Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), down 7.0%, York Water Company ( YORW), down 5.2% and American States Water ( AWR), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Praxair Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.