Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Home Depot ( HD) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Home Depot fell $0.90 (-1.1%) to $79.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,759,292 shares of Home Depot exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,209,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $79.52-$80.75 after having opened the day at $80.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.67. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: Gordman's Stores ( GMAN), down 9.1%, Destination XL Group ( DXLG), down 8.2%, HHGregg Incorporated ( HGG), down 6.0% and U.S. Auto Parts Network ( PRTS), down 5.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Home Depot Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.