Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings ( LH) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings fell $1.75 (-1.7%) to $100.10 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,555,685 shares of Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 660,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $99.87-$101.61 after having opened the day at $101.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $101.85. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 38.9%, Aastrom Biosciences ( ASTM), down 11.5%, Pernix Therapeutics Holdings ( PTX), down 9.8% and Orexigen Therapeutics ( OREX), down 9.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.