Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ecolab ( ECL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Ecolab fell $1.42 (-1.3%) to $105.75 on average volume. Throughout the day, 933,343 shares of Ecolab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 876,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $105.65-$106.98 after having opened the day at $106.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $107.17. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: China Xiniya Fashion ( XNY), down 9.1%, Agria Corporation ( GRO), down 8.9%, Shiloh Industries ( SHLO), down 8.5% and Hooker Furniture Corporation ( HOFT), down 7.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ecolab Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.