Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Goldcorp ( GG) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Goldcorp fell $1.10 (-4.9%) to $21.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,443,320 shares of Goldcorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,954,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.34-$22.09 after having opened the day at $22.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.46. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 16.9%, Cobalt International Energy ( CIE), down 16.6%, Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), down 13.7% and New Concept Energy ( GBR), down 12.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Goldcorp Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.