Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, CarMax rose $1.16 (2.3%) to $51.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,730,949 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,293,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.10-$52.09 after having opened the day at $50.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.35. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Container Store Group ( TCS), up 5.9%, Cabela's ( CAB), up 5.1%, Hollywood Media Corporation ( HOLL), up 2.0% and Sothebys ( BID), up 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.