Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Genworth Financial ( GNW) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Genworth Financial rose $0.29 (1.9%) to $15.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,537,349 shares of Genworth Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,038,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.06-$15.63 after having opened the day at $15.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.11. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: National Security Group ( NSEC), up 16.1%, Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), up 4.9%, HCI Group ( HCI), up 3.5% and CNinsure ( CISG), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.