Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Avery Dennison ( AVY) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Avery Dennison rose $0.75 (1.5%) to $49.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 934,740 shares of Avery Dennison exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 716,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.42-$49.51 after having opened the day at $48.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.61. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Highway Holdings ( HIHO), up 12.9%, Frontline ( FRO), up 10.7%, Vertex Energy ( VTNR), up 8.9% and Sifco Industries ( SIF), up 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Avery Dennison Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.