Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Blackstone Group ( BX) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Blackstone Group rose $0.52 (1.8%) to $29.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,168,217 shares of Blackstone Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,835,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.70-$29.48 after having opened the day at $28.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.58. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X Shares ( DUST), up 17.6%, National Security Group ( NSEC), up 16.1%, Credit Suisse ( DSLV), up 13.1% and ProShs II:UlS Silver ( ZSL), up 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.