Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alliant Techsystems ( ATK) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Alliant Techsystems rose $1.21 (1.0%) to $122.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 352,358 shares of Alliant Techsystems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 302,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $121.01-$123.18 after having opened the day at $121.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $121.23. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Frontline ( FRO), up 10.7%, Sifco Industries ( SIF), up 8.5%, AerCap Holdings N.V ( AER), up 2.1% and DigitalGlobe ( DGI), up 1.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alliant Techsystems Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.