Shareholders of Inteliquent, Inc. (IQNT) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.3% annualized dividend yield can sell the March 2014 covered call at the $12.50 strike and collect the premium based on the 75 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 22.9% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 25.2% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $12.50 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but IQNT shares would have to advance 15% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 21.9% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Inteliquent, Inc., looking at the dividend history chart for IQNT below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 2.3% annualized dividend yield. Below is a chart showing IQNT's trailing twelve month trading history, with the $12.50 strike highlighted in red: The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the March 2014 covered call at the $12.50 strike gives good reward for the risk of having given away the upside beyond $12.50. ( Do most options expire worthless? This and six other common options myths debunked). We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Inteliquent, Inc. (considering the last 251 trading day closing values as well as today's price of $10.84) to be 93%. For other call options contract ideas at the various different available expirations, visit the IQNT Stock Options page of StockOptionsChannel.com. In mid-afternoon trading on Monday, the put volume among S&P 500 components was 507,017 contracts, with call volume at 882,413, for a put:call ratio of 0.57 so far for the day. Compared to the long-term median put:call ratio of .65, that represents high call volume relative to puts; in other words, buyers are showing a preference for calls in options trading so far today. Find out which 15 call and put options traders are talking about today.
TheStreet’s Fundamentals of Investing Course will teach you the keys to making the right decisions in any market.
TheStreet’s Personal Finance Essentials Course will teach you money management basics and investing strategies to help you avoid major financial pitfalls.
TheStreet Courses offers dedicated classes designed to improve your investing skills, stock market knowledge and money management capabilities.
More from Stocks
Replay: What to Watch in The Markets: AbbVie-Allergan, Micron, Buffett, and More
The ActionAlertsPLUS team breaks down what investors need to know on Tueday, including: AbbVie's acquistion of Allergan, Warren Buffett's Kraft comments and Micron earnings after the bell.
Amazon's 48-Hour Prime Day Is About Much More Than a Sales Windfall
Amazon's 48-hour Prime Day is one piece of a multifaceted strategy to lure more Prime members and encourage them to spend more money.
New Market, New Rules: Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap (Tuesday 6/25/19)
Jim Cramer asks, can you recognize when you're getting needlessly greedy? Stick to the rules if you want to stay in the game for the long run.
FedEx Tops Fiscal Fourth-Quarter Earnings Estimates
Delivery giant says macroeconomic weakness and trade uncertainty will weigh on FedEx Express business in fiscal 2020.