- SCHW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $162.1 million.
- SCHW has a PE ratio of 35.4.
- SCHW is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- SCHW is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- SCHW is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- SCHW is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- SCHW has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.1%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SCHW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SCHW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SCHW: The Charles Schwab Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides securities brokerage, banking, money management, and financial advisory services to individuals and institutional clients. The company operates through two segments, Investor Services and Institutional Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. SCHW has a PE ratio of 35.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Charles Schwab a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Charles Schwab has been 9.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Charles Schwab has a market cap of $31.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.61 and a short float of 3.4% with 5.83 days to cover. Shares are up 72.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Charles Schwab as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 38.16% is the gross profit margin for SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 20.80% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $661.00 million or 9.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 9.25%, SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 273.40%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 90.17% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP has improved earnings per share by 15.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SCHWAB (CHARLES) CORP reported lower earnings of $0.69 versus $0.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.76 versus $0.69).
- You can view the full Charles Schwab Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.