- STO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.0 million.
- STO traded 502,558 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:16 AM, representing 56.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in STO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for STO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on STO: Statoil ASA, an integrated energy company, engages in the exploration, production, transportation, refining, and marketing of petroleum and petroleum-derived products in Norway and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%. STO has a PE ratio of 7.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Statoil ASA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Statoil ASA has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Statoil ASA has a market cap of $71.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 9.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Statoil ASA as a buy. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- STO, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 17.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $2,785.40 million to $2,302.89 million.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, STO has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 6.98% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- STATOIL ASA's earnings per share declined by 14.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STATOIL ASA reported lower earnings of $3.89 versus $4.15 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 33.6% in earnings ($2.58 versus $3.89).
- You can view the full Statoil ASA Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.