Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ryland Group ( RYL) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Ryland Group fell $0.41 (-1.0%) to $39.61 on light volume. Throughout the day, 794,990 shares of Ryland Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,487,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.55-$40.51 after having opened the day at $40.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.02. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Sharps Compliance Corporation ( SMED), down 7.8%, Comstock ( CHCI), down 3.0%, China Ceramics ( CCCL), down 2.8% and Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ryland Group Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.