Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources fell $2.77 (-1.6%) to $166.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,671,884 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,699,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $165.52-$169.69 after having opened the day at $169.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $169.20. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Sonde Resources ( SOQ), down 9.4%, Recon Technology ( RCON), down 7.1%, Harvest Natural Resources ( HNR), down 6.1% and Rex Energy Corporation ( REXX), down 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.