Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Leggett & Platt ( LEG) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Leggett & Platt fell $0.32 (-1.1%) to $30.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 833,458 shares of Leggett & Platt exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,081,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.01-$30.55 after having opened the day at $30.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.40. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Coldwater Creek ( CWTR), down 7.8%, Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), down 4.2%, Escalade ( ESCA), down 3.1% and Zuoan Fashion ( ZA), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Leggett & Platt Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.