Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Anadarko Petroleum fell $1.97 (-2.2%) to $88.60 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,660,415 shares of Anadarko Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,746,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $88.16-$90.53 after having opened the day at $90.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $90.57. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Sonde Resources ( SOQ), down 9.4%, Polymet Mining ( PLM), down 7.3%, Recon Technology ( RCON), down 7.1% and Silver Bull Resources ( SVBL), down 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.