Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Weyerhaeuser ( WY) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Weyerhaeuser rose $1.00 (3.4%) to $30.59 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,741,273 shares of Weyerhaeuser exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,043,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.70-$30.68 after having opened the day at $29.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.59. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Guanwei Recycling ( GPRC), up 10.2%, Stock Building Supply Holdings ( STCK), up 9.3%, MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 8.3% and Industrial Services of America ( IDSA), up 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Weyerhaeuser Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.