Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hartford Financial Services Group ( HIG) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Hartford Financial Services Group rose $0.48 (1.4%) to $36.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,077,127 shares of Hartford Financial Services Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,915,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.40-$36.05 after having opened the day at $35.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.57. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Phoenix Companies ( PNX), up 4.9%, Blue Capital Reinsurance Holdings ( BCRH), up 3.8%, Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), up 3.1% and PICO Holdings ( PICO), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hartford Financial Services Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.