Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Valero Energy Corporation ( VLO) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Valero Energy Corporation rose $1.62 (3.6%) to $45.97 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,496,217 shares of Valero Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,676,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.28-$46.37 after having opened the day at $44.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.35. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Genie Energy Ltd Class B ( GNE), up 19.9%, CVR Energy ( CVI), up 8.8%, MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 8.3% and Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), up 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Valero Energy Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.