Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. 3M ( MMM) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, 3M rose $1.35 (1.0%) to $133.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,394,094 shares of 3M exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,415,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $131.94-$133.65 after having opened the day at $132.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $132.15. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: AcelRx Pharmaceuticals ( ACRX), up 5.8%, Pingtan Marine Enterprise ( PME), up 5.1%, Harbinger Group ( HRG), up 4.1% and Global Eagle Entertainment ( ENT), up 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full 3M Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.