Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hewlett-Packard ( HPQ) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Hewlett-Packard rose $2.27 (9.1%) to $27.36 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 52,004,748 shares of Hewlett-Packard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,220,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.75-$27.68 after having opened the day at $26.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.09. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Lantronix ( LTRX), up 27.0%, Crossroads Systems ( CRDS), up 15.7%, SMART Technologies ( SMT), up 6.2% and Overland Storage ( OVRL), up 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.