Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesla Motors ( TSLA) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Tesla Motors rose $6.44 (5.3%) to $126.94 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,275,021 shares of Tesla Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,702,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $119.52-$126.95 after having opened the day at $121.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $120.50. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 5.2%, Marine Products Corporation ( MPX), up 4.5%, China Automotive Systems ( CAAS), up 4.4% and Spartan Motors ( SPAR), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Tesla Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.