Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kroger ( KR) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Kroger fell $0.61 (-1.4%) to $41.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,726,439 shares of Kroger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,502,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.76-$42.54 after having opened the day at $42.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.56. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: Francescas Holdings ( FRAN), down 4.8%, DSW ( DSW), down 4.8%, Cache ( CACH), down 2.7% and China Jo-Jo Drugstores ( CJJD), down 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Kroger Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.