Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Mills ( GIS) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, General Mills rose $0.60 (1.2%) to $50.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,900,554 shares of General Mills exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,185,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.04-$50.68 after having opened the day at $50.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.88. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Boulder Brands ( BDBD), up 6.0%, Hormel Foods Corporation ( HRL), up 5.9%, Reeds ( REED), up 5.4% and Origin Agritech ( SEED), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Mills Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.