Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Isis Pharmaceuticals ( ISIS) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Isis Pharmaceuticals rose $1.59 (4.3%) to $38.14 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,558,489 shares of Isis Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,479,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.21-$38.33 after having opened the day at $36.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.55. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Echo Therapeutics ( ECTE), up 72.9%, Zalicus ( ZLCS), up 29.8%, Alimera ( ALIM), up 19.1% and Veracyte ( VCYT), up 13.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Isis Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.