Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Whirlpool Corporation ( WHR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Whirlpool Corporation rose $1.84 (1.2%) to $153.11 on light volume. Throughout the day, 565,232 shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,083,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $150.89-$154.00 after having opened the day at $151.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $151.27. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Marine Products Corporation ( MPX), up 6.3%, Eastman Kodak Company ( KODK), up 6.1%, Universal Electronics ( UEIC), up 5.7% and SGOCO Group ( SGOC), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Whirlpool Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.