- Mitt Romney, the Republican Party presidential nominee and former Massachusetts governor who rose to prominence as founder of Bain Capital and later as CEO of the organizing committee for the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City. Romney will share insights on the current political, business and economic environment and his ideas for addressing such key issues as the deficit, job growth, education and immigration.
- Fred Tomczyk, president and chief executive officer of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD), and Tom Nally, who leads TD Ameritrade, Inc.’s custody business serving more than 4,500 RIAs. These executives will take the stage to provide a high-level view of the trends impacting RIAs, and share their perspectives on the industry, investor sentiment and the economy. Craig Alexander 2, TD Bank Group’s Chief Economist, will also be on hand to deliver a luncheon address offering his perspectives on the U.S. and global economies.
- Simon Sinek, leadership expert and author of international bestseller Start with Why. Sinek will offer his perspective on why some organizations are more innovative, more profitable and command greater loyalty. Clients seeking his views on leadership include some of the world’s largest companies and governments.
- Sugar Ray Leonard will commemorate TD Ameritrade’s official sponsorship of the 2014 Olympic Games. The all-time great boxing legend will deliver a motivational speech about POWER: Prepare Overcome and Win Every Round. Leonard’s remarkable career includes a gold medal at the 1976 Olympics and the distinction of being the only boxer ever to win professional world titles in five different weight classes.
- A panel of nationally renowned commentators will tackle a range of timely financial and political issues: Mara Laisson, political correspondent for National Public Radio; George Will, Pulitzer prize-winning journalist and author; and Juan Williams, political analyst for Fox News Channel. The session will be moderated by Bret Baier, host of Fox News Channel’s “Special Report with Bret Baier.”
Journalists can follow updates about the 2014 National Conference via our Twitter feeds @TDAmeritradePR and @TDA4Advisors, on LinkedIn, and at TD Ameritrade Institutional’s blog. Attendees are encouraged to post their own updates using the tag #TDAI2014.About TD Ameritrade InstitutionalTD Ameritrade Institutional 1 is a leading provider of comprehensive brokerage and custody services to more than 4,500 fee-based, independent registered investment advisors and their clients. Our advanced technology platform, coupled with personal support from our dedicated service teams, allows investment advisors to run their practices more efficiently and effectively while optimizing time with clients. About TD Ameritrade Holding CorporationMillions of investors and independent investment advisors have turned to TD Ameritrade’s (NYSE: AMTD) technology, people and education to help make investing and trading easier. Our clients want to take control and we help them decide how, whether online, over the phone, in a branch or with an independent investment advisor. We’ve been bringing Wall Street to Main Street for more than 36 years. An official sponsor of the 2014 U.S. Olympic Team, TD Ameritrade has time and again been recognized as a leader in investment services. Please visit TD Ameritrade’s newsroom or www.amtd.com for more information. Brokerage services provided by TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FINRA ( www.FINRA.org) /SIPC ( www.SIPC.org) /NFA ( www.nfa.futures.org) 1 TD Ameritrade Institutional is a division of TD Ameritrade, Inc., a brokerage subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation. 2Craig Alexander is an employee of TD Bank Group, an affiliate of TD Ameritrade, Inc. The opinions and commentary of TD Bank Group employees should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of TD Ameritrade, Inc. TD Bank Group has an ownership interest in TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation, which is the parent company of TD Ameritrade, Inc. Guest speakers and their employers, educators, service providers, industry associations, the venue for this event, and other third parties are separate from and not affiliated with TD Ameritrade, which is not responsible for their services, policies or content.