Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Bloomin Brands ( BLMN) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Bloomin Brands as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BLMN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.8 million.
- BLMN has traded 1.8 million shares today.
- BLMN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLMN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLMN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLMN: Bloomin' Brands, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates casual, polished casual, and fine dining restaurants primarily in the United States. BLMN has a PE ratio of 19.2. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Bloomin Brands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bloomin Brands has been 625,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bloomin has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are up 62% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bloomin Brands as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BLMN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 130.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 65.44% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Although BLMN had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- The gross profit margin for BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.40%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.16% trails that of the industry average.
- Although BLMN's debt-to-equity ratio of 3.49 is very high, it is currently less than that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Bloomin Brands Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.