Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Camtek ( CAMT) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Camtek as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CAMT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.4 million.
- CAMT traded 279,730 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:47 AM, representing 11% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CAMT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CAMT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CAMT: Camtek Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and markets automatic optical inspection (AOI) systems and related products. CAMT has a PE ratio of 24.7. The average volume for Camtek has been 21,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Camtek has a market cap of $57.1 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.40 and a short float of 0.2% with 0.01 days to cover. Shares are up 35.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Camtek as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, CAMT is up 35.71% to its most recent closing price of 1.90. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals should not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- CAMT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CAMT has a quick ratio of 2.12, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company.
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CAMTEK LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAMTEK LTD reported lower earnings of $0.00 versus $0.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an increase in earnings to $0.09 from $0.00.
- You can view the full Camtek Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.