Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. GameStop ( GME) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, GameStop fell $0.96 (-1.9%) to $48.90 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,486,332 shares of GameStop exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,087,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.76-$50.72 after having opened the day at $50.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.86. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: China Jo-Jo Drugstores ( CJJD), down 8.2%, SUPERVALU ( SVU), down 6.0%, Alon Blue Square Israel ( BSI), down 5.9% and Christopher & Banks Corporation ( CBK), down 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full GameStop Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.