Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Halliburton Company ( HAL) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Halliburton Company fell $1.80 (-3.3%) to $52.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11,248,078 shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,230,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.60-$54.53 after having opened the day at $54.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.50. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Recon Technology ( RCON), down 16.9%, Augusta Resource Corporation ( AZC), down 10.2%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), down 9.3% and Friedman Industries ( FRD), down 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Halliburton Company Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.