Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Discover Financial Services ( DFS) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Discover Financial Services rose $0.82 (1.6%) to $53.22 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,616,186 shares of Discover Financial Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,107,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.50-$53.38 after having opened the day at $52.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.40. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), up 10.2%, NewStar Financial ( NEWS), up 9.6%, First Marblehead Corporation ( FMD), up 9.2% and KCG Holdings Inc Class A ( KCG), up 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Discover Financial Services Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.